43102513fb652a9ed79424f83e409c0714ba16d4

Elaine Stolt: Temporary snow covers the northeastern United States

Friday, December 13, 2013

Temporary snow covers the northeastern United States

Washington - A winter storm today snow covered much of the northeastern states of the United States , which forced the closure of government offices and schools and left more than 1,300 flights canceled , while temperatures are expected to remain below zero degrees Celsius at least until Friday.

Because of the storm the offices of the federal administration in the capital, Washington, were closed today , like public schools.
Despite the large amount of snow fell during the morning in the capital there was traffic problems on the roads and subway stations were more empty than usual because many workers were allowed to stay home.
Also woke closed schools in parts of Delaware , Maryland , West Virginia, Kentucky and Tennessee.
Some of the largest accumulations of snow were recorded on the day Red Lion ( PA ) , with more than 15 centimeters ( 6 inches) , and Cross Junction (Virginia ), with almost 13 centimeters (5 inches).
Although today more than 1,300 flight cancellations were recorded , particularly in the New York Newark airport , according to the web Flightaware.com , the situation at airports is now returning to normal gradually.
In fact , the number of cancellations on Tuesday was less than 1,900 flights suspended on Monday and 2,800 on Sunday.
Though the storm will leave the east coast tonight will be pitiless and cold temperatures will remain below zero degrees Celsius at least until Friday , according to the National Weather Service .
As an example, for Thursday in Washington a maximum temperature of -3 degrees Celsius and a low of -6 degrees is forecast .
The fact that these freezing temperatures are present in most of the country when winter has officially arrived yet is " very unusual ," said CNN meteorologist Dave Hennen .
This storm has been fueled in part by a blast of frigid air from the Arctic and hit the center of the country last weekend and , in particular , the state of Texas.
The metropolitan area of ​​Dallas and Fort Worth , which concentrated much of the effects of Arctic cold wave in the state, still suffering some circulation problems, ice accumulates in the gutters and some sidewalks are impassable for pedestrians.
The authorities in the country at least 15 people have died in recent days related to weather conditions , mostly in traffic accidents incidents.
The worst thing for the next few days as the return of snow is expected in the Great Lakes region , while cities like Chicago , Portland and Oregon also have snow and freezing rain .
Until Monday 66.9% of U.S. territory was covered with snow , which is the highest percentage in the dates of the last 10 years.
The good news of the day was the discovery of a family of six who was missing for two days in the frozen mountains of northern Nevada .
In the search involved about 200 people and six, two adults and four children aged between 10 and 3 years , were found in the area known as Trinity Canyon in stable condition, without signs of frostbite , according to the sheriff's office Pershing County .

15 comments:

  1. I get paid over $90 per hour working from home with 2 kids at home. I never thought I'd be able to do it but my best friend earns over 10k a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless. Heres what I've been doing.Copy Below webpage

    This One............> Ww­w­.I­n­d­e­e­d­m­o­n­e­y.­C­o­m

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://usa-newsblog.blogspot.com/2011/10/david-ortiz-says-hell-consider-playing.html?showComment=1597478751147#c7410808640088544399

    ReplyDelete
  3. [ Work At Home For USA ]
    Every month makes more than $18k by just doing very easy and simple online job from homr. Last month i have made and received $19428 from this work by just giving this only 2 to 3 hrs a day. Everybody can now get this job and start earning money online just by follow instructions on this web HERE.....Www.jobs35.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Start generating extra cash online from home more than $22k by doing very easy work just in spare time. Last month i have got paid $22745 from this easy home job. Join this job right now and makes more cash every month online. Just follow web link here to get started...Open This Website......www.xurl.es/j8dhd

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've made $84, 8254 so far this year working online and I'm a full time student. I'm using an online business opportunity I heard about and I'AM made such great money. It's really user friendly and I'm just so happy that I found out about it. Here's what I do for more information simply open this link thank you..... ☛...Usa Online Jobs

    ReplyDelete
  6. ●Im making over $13k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life.last month her pay check was $12712 just working on the laptop for a few hours. This is what I do,
    ↓↓↓↓COPY THIS WEBSITE↓↓↓↓

    HERE☛ www.dollars9.com.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get paid over $90 per hour working from home with 2 kids at home. I never thought I'd be able to do it but my best friend earns over 10k a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless. Heres what I've been doing, <("), .for more information simply open this link

    HERE ➤➤  www.news701.com  

    www.news701.com  

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get paid over $90 per hour working from home with 2 kids at home. I never thought I'd be able to do it but my best friend earns over 10k a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The potential with this is endless. Heres what I've been doing, <("), .for more information simply open this link

    HERE ➤➤  www.news701.com  

    https://www.news701.com  

    ReplyDelete
  9. For all dads and moms that love to stay home to take care of their loved ones, or rest of people on the search for an opportunity to pull in some extra income for their family month after month. My buddy's sister makes $100 /hr at the pc from this method. Let me share a remarkable opportunity to explore.directions to get started a website online...Visit Here To Get Your First Payment

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've made $84, 8254 so far this year working online and I'm a full time student. I'm using an online business opportunity I heard about and I'AM made such great money. It's really user friendly and I'm just so happy that I found out about it. Here's what I do,.for more information simply open this link thank you...... ☛ www.smartcash1.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. super fast money earning online job to flood the cash in your bank account every week. from this only by working for 2 hrs a day after my college i made $17529 in my last month. I had zero experience when I joined this and in my first month I easily made $11854. It is so easy to do this job and regular income from this is just superb. want to join this right now? just go to this web page for more info...>>>>> ­www.smartcash1.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I g­­­­e­­­­t p­­­­a­­­­i­­­­d o­­­­v­­­­e­­­­r $­­9­­0 p­­­­e­­­­r h­­­­o­­­­u­­­­r w­­­­o­­­­r­­k­­­­i­­­­n­­­­g f­­­­r­­­­o­­­­m h­­­­o­­­­m­­­­e w­­­­i­­­­t­­­­h 2 k­­­­i­­d­­­­s a­­­­t h­­­­o­­­­m­­­­e. I n­­­­e­­­­v­­­­e­­r t­­­­h­­o­­­­u­­­­g­­­­h­­­­t I'd be able t­­­­o d­­­­o i­­­­t b­­­­u­­­­t m­­­­y b­­­­e­­­­s­­­­t f­­r­­i­­e­­n­­d e­­a­­r­­n­­s o­­v­­e­­r 10k a month d­­o­­i­­n­­g t­­h­­­­i­­­­s a­­­­n­­­­d s­­­­h­­­­e c­­­­o­­­­n­­­­v­­­­i­­­­n­­­­c­­­­e­­­­d m­­­­e t­­­­o t­­r­­y. T­­h­­e p­­o­­t­­e­­n­­t­­i­­a­­l w­­i­­t­­h t­­h­­i­­s i­­s e­­n­­­­d­­l­­e­­­­s­­­­s. Here's w­­­­h­­­­a­­­­t I'v­­­­e b­­­­e­­­­e­­­­n d­­­­o­­­­i­­­­n­­­­g, www.dailybiz1.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Making more than $25k online just by doing simple work from home. I received $28376 last month. Its an easy and simple job to do and its earnings are much better than a regular office job and even a little child can do this and earn money. Everybody must try this job by just using the info on this page..............www.smartcash1.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. ● Im making over $ 13k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life.last month her pay check was $ 12712 just working on the laptop for a few hours. This is what I do,]

    ↓↓↓↓ COPY THIS WEBSITE ↓↓↓↓

    https://www.Smartcash1.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. My last month paycheck was for 11000 dollars… All i did was simple online work from comfort at home for 3-4 hours/day that I got from this agency I discovered over the internet and they paid me for it 95 bucks every hour…. for more info visit any tab this site Thanks a lot
    ==>=>) www.ecash6.com

    ReplyDelete